September 09, 2018

NAFDAC is the agency responsible for the control and regulation of consumable products in the country. Some of the products they regulate include: food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices and packaged water including all drinks, animal feed and veterinary products, etc.

Follow the below steps to register your food/drink product with NAFDAC

  1. Purchase Product Registration Form online and submit duly completed form at LOD (R&R) at the agency’s office , along with the following documents;

(a) Application letter for product registration

(b) Photocopy of certificate of incorporation of company

(c) Contract manufacturing agreement (where applicable)

(d) Evidence of trademark approval from Federal Ministry of Commerce

(e) One sample and three labels

(f) Certificate of analysis for finished products

(g) Photocopy of receipts of payment for pre-production inspection

(h) and laboratory analysis

2. Upon satisfactory laboratory analysis, pre-production inspection report and approval of product, you shall pay for product registration certificate.

NAFDAC Registration could be an herculean task and a Compliance Directive is given where an applicant does not meet all the requirements for registration e.g incomplete documents, failure to meet conditions for inspection , etc. Applicant is mandated to comply with Compliance Directive (CD) within 7 days of issuance.

Note failure to comply with any CD issued by NAFDAC may be a basis for cancellation of the application and all delays of the client will not be counted within the registration timeframe.

However, the good news is we are available to assist you with the registration and our services are affordable, fast and seamless. We are here to also answer any questions that you may have concerning the registration process. Contact us by logging on to our website on or send an email to .

You can also call us on +23412803791


The information in this blog post (“post”) is provided for general informational purposes only, no information contained in this post should be construed as legal advise, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through this post without seeking the appropriate legal or professional advise from the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer.This post is protected by intellectual property law and regulations. It may however be shared using appropriate sharing tools provided that our authorship is always acknowledged and this Disclaimer Notice attached.

More Articles


Connect With Us

Got any questions?

If you are having any questions, please feel free to ask.

Send us an email

Frequently Asked

  • What additional documents do I require to file my Annual Returns?
  • Must my Company Secretary be a Lawyer?

    Although it’s ideal to have a lawyer as a company secretary, it is not compulsory for small private businesses.

  • What are the penalties for not registering my products with the SON?
      1. Seizure of goods by the Inspectorate and Compliance Directorate
      2. Payment of a fine.
      3. Prosecution


  • Can my kids be shareholders in my company?

    Yes your kids can hold shares in your company but there must be a minimum of two adult shareholders before kids can be included.

  • Can I trademark my logo and name separately? Why is this a good idea?

    Yes you can. The advantage is that it gives you the opportunity to have more than one logo or the opportunity to change your logo easily as opposed to registering the name and the logo as one trademark.

Call Us Now on +234 1 280 3791