Do I need a permit to advertise in Lagos?

Do I need a permit to advertise in Lagos?

April 01, 2019

Yes, a permit is required to advertise in Lagos state. This makes it illegal for a person to erect, construct, enlarge or structurally modify any outdoor structure or signage or advertisement without permit in Lagos.

The Lagos state laws empower the Lagos State Signage and Advertisement Agency (LASAA) with the power of issuing such permits and licenses.

The following require a permit under Lagos State Laws;

  1. Any structure for billboards.
  2. Billboards over 20square meters of area
  3. Wall sign
  4. Roof sign
  5. Free-standing portable sign
  6. Furniture or statue type sign
  7. Kiosk supporting outdoor signage
  8. Temporary signs.

The permit is usually granted after payment of the prescribed fee and it must be renewed annually.

Team 618 Bees



The information in this blog post (“post”) is provided for general informational purposes only, no information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through this post without seeking the appropriate legal or professional advice from the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer.This post is protected by intellectual property law and regulations. It may however be shared using appropriate sharing tools provided that our authorship is always acknowledged and this Disclaimer Notice attached.


More Articles


Connect With Us

Got any questions?

If you are having any questions, please feel free to ask.

Send us an email

Frequently Asked

  • Why must I file Annual Returns?

    It is a mandatory statutory requirement under the Companies and Allied Matters Act to file Annual Returns yearly. 

  • Do I need a Company Secretary?

    A limited liability company (LLC) must have a company secretary.

  • What are the benefits of Registering with SON?
    1. Product traceability in the Nigerian market
    2. Detection of counterfeit products
    3. Barriers to the circulation of substandard goods
    4. The official SON Product Registration Logo and number are displayed on registered products.
  • What will happen if I buy the wrong category of forms with NAFDAC?

    Nothing, the purchased form will be in your account for future use.


  • How many directors do I need to start a company?

    A minimum number of two (2) directors is required to form a company.

  • What is a trademark?

    A trademark can be any word, sign, symbol or graphic that you apply to your company, goods or services to distinguish them from those of your competitors; for example, a brand, product or company name, or logo. The trademark serves as a badge of origin for your business and its brands and products, and can consist of words, logos, slogans, colours and shapes, or a combination of all of these.

Call Us Now on +234 901 719 0079 Whatsapp icon Chat on WhatsApp