How to register a sport betting business in Nigeria

How to register a sport betting business in Nigeria

September 17, 2019

Thinking of registering a sporting business in Nigeria? Well, the process is simple.

To start a sport betting business, you must first register it as a company and the commission charged with registration of any company in Nigeria is the Corporate Affairs Commission.

The First process of registering a company with the Corporate Affairs Commission is to reserve a name. This reservation can be made in the online site of the Company Registration Portal (CRP)Affairs. To access this site, you are required to log you into https// and fill in the necessary details as the presenter.

The Minimum share capital for registering a sport betting company is N20,000,000 (Twenty Million Naira). You are required to have at least two directors, at least two shareholders and a secretary. The directors and the shareholders can be the same person. Either of the directors can be a secretary. The directors, shareholder and secretary must have a valid identification card

The second step is to get the required License to operate a sport betting company. This is regulated by the National Lottery Commission of Nigeria. In Lagos, the Lagos State Lottery Board is responsible for this and you can get your sport betting form online. The accompanying documents for the Licence, includes Certificate of incorporation, Memorandum and Articles of Association, CAC Form 2 showing the minimum share capital of 20 million and CAC 7 showing the list of company directors, business Plan, details of the planned game, financial information, detailed information on proposed technical topography, processes and systems quality assurance. To find out more on how to obtain this license, please check out our blog post on “How to obtain a sport betting license”.

When you have obtained the necessary permit, you can start your sport betting company.

If your need any assistance with the first and second steps, you can email hello@618bees.comor reach out to our dedicated Call Center on +234901719007. Lets get you started!



The information in this blog post (“post”) is provided for general informational purposes only, no information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through this post without seeking the appropriate legal or professional advice from the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer. This post is protected by intellectual property law and regulations. It may however be shared using appropriate sharing tools provided that our authorship is always acknowledged and this Disclaimer Notice attached

More Articles


Connect With Us

Got any questions?

If you are having any questions, please feel free to ask.

Send us an email

Frequently Asked

  • What additional documents do I require to file my Annual Returns?
  • Must my Company Secretary be a Lawyer?

    Although it’s ideal to have a lawyer as a company secretary, it is not compulsory for small private businesses.

  • What will happen if I buy the wrong category of forms with NAFDAC?

    Nothing, the purchased form will be in your account for future use.


  • What is the basic criteria for registering a Design?

    The design must be new and original. This means that it must be a unique design not similar to an already existing design.

  • Do I have to physically drop off my product sample at NAFDAC office?

    No, you can choose to have it sent to NAFDAC office

  • Who can be directors in my company?

    Any two adults can be directors in a company.

  • What do I need for a trademark search in Nigeria?

    To do a trademark search you will need the name or/and logo (device) of the trademark to be searched and the Class of the trademark that accurately describes it.

Call Us Now on +234 901 719 0079 Whatsapp icon Chat on WhatsApp