Contents of a partnership agreement
A partnership deed is a legally enforceable document that guides the operation of the partnership business. It should contain the following details;
- Name of the firm.
- Names and addresses of the partners.
- The nature of the business.
- The term or duration of partnership.
- The amount of capital to be contributed by each partner.
- The extent of withdrawal on the firm’s account that can be made by each partner..
- Rights of partners.
- Duties of partners.
- Remuneration to partners.
- The ratio in which the profits or losses are to be shared among the partners.
- The basis for the calculation of goodwill at the time of admission, retirement, and death of a partner.
- The keeping of proper books of accounts and the preparation of Balance Sheet.
- Settlement of account on the dissolution of the firm.
- The procedures to be adopted in the case of disputes among the partners.
- Arbitration clause.
Do you wish to know how to draft a partnership Deed/Agreement? Or you have any question or clarification regarding the registration of a partnership deed/Agreement? Log on to our website – www.618bees.com or call us on 23412803791 to speak to any of our consultants to provide answers to such questions.
The information in this blog post (“post”) is provided for general informational purposes only, no information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through this post without seeking the appropriate legal or professional advice from the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer. This post is protected by intellectual property law and regulations. It may however be shared using appropriate sharing tools provided that our authorship is always acknowledged and this Disclaimer Notice attached.